S13 coilover adapters.... groupbuy anyone?

Sooooon, the bumpsteer spacers slotted in before them… patience

I'm also dead set on this method. I'm not fond of having half of my $1,000+ coils welded to my front knuckles.

....... but I'm concerned about the camber, and the top hats.

Showaski39;344425 wrote: I'm also dead set on this method. I'm not fond of having half of my $1,000+ coils welded to my front knuckles.

....... but I'm concerned about the camber, and the top hats.
    you don't weld the coilovers to the knuckles…

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Showaski39;344425 wrote: ....... but I'm concerned about the camber, and the top hats.
    What's the concern? Front s13 coilovers fit on a z31 with one of the bolt holes slotted.. for the rears you can buy an adapter kit from asco I believe, if not, just drill 1 hole

DeleriousZ;344429 wrote: you don't weld the coilovers to the knuckles…
    I meant to say spindle, hub or bottom of the Z31 strut housing. You know what I meant

You don't weld the coilovers to anything. You weld a sleeve to the knuckles. There is nothing permanent done to the coilover bodies themselves.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

I see what you mean, but anyone who already has a set of coilovers installed on their vehicle (unless you own a Z31) never removes their coilover from the sleeve. I think it's sooo tedious to literally unscrew the front coilover from the sleeve each time you need to remove it for repairs, send it out for a replacement, to work on the front end, etc.

While I'm sure people aren't blowing coilovers regularly, I agree the bolt-on bracket makes it easier to work on the car

I have a set from GE and it has a lot of camber adjustment it also helps the fact that my cusco's have a slot for camber adjustment to + the top hat.

I have a set just need to find out who to get them re-built by (coilovers)
    1986 300ZX GLL auto non turbo

Showaski39;344603 wrote: I see what you mean, but anyone who already has a set of coilovers installed on their vehicle (unless you own a Z31) never removes their coilover from the sleeve. I think it's sooo tedious to literally unscrew the front coilover from the sleeve each time you need to remove it for repairs, send it out for a replacement, to work on the front end, etc.
    wat? you probably don't even have enough room in there to unscrew it all the way. why wouldn't you just unbolt the knuckle and remove the top-mount screws and brake line, and just get if out of the way completely.

because I wouldn't wanna have to bleed my brakes each time I remove any one of the front coils.

Revision 5 is done, I'll see about picking up mon-tues

Showaski39;345019 wrote: because I wouldn't wanna have to bleed my brakes each time I remove any one of the front coils.
    i meant that all that's required is to slide the brake line out of the bracket that they are slotted into on the coilover body. then just hang the caliper using some tough wire (not good practice to hang them from the lines).
    have you ever actually removed the front suspension before or changed the brake lines?

Cut coat hangers work great for hanging calipers while doing front suspension work

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

reddzx;345361 wrote: Cut coat hangers work great for hanging calipers while doing front suspension work
    Or a piece of rope/shoelace.