S13 coilover adapters.... groupbuy anyone?

G-E;337753 wrote: The static camber can easily be brought into spec, but the camber curve will be different (closer to a 240sx camber curve)

It will be a great complement to the adjustable control arm thingy I'm working on, if I could stop redesigning it everytime I look at it, but that's another story
    actual measurements. not will be this in bump, or slightly different camber change ect.

NissanXRMA;337796 wrote: actual measurements. not will be this in bump, or slightly different camber change ect.
    I make statements like "can" and "could" because if you missed it, they can be installed many ways to achieve different results, couple that with a given brand of coilover, with/without camber bolts, with/without camber plates, longitudinally re-oriented camber plates, adjustable tension rods, adjustable control arms, zenki strut tubes on a kouki body, etc…

There's nearly infinite configurations isn't there?

The best I can do is show that in certain orientations, with certain product, the car will not be thrown out of whack

ExtremeAtheist;337768 wrote: Interested. Bolt on ftw.
    Except that these are not bolt on? Welding still required at the base of the strut.
    "produce first.talk second."

if you were to drill a pair of holes into the remaining strut tube and drive a pin into either side of the assembly so that it doesn't turn, and bolt the unit in from the bottom- it would essentially be "bolt in" without welding, and it would also be just as, or even stronger than the OEM solution, which as butters has pointed out before… is nothing but a fat globby weld which he has found to be shitty and at one point almost catastrophic because the tube was all dangly and poorly supported by the weld? i vaguely remember him mentioning that once or twice.

still pretty simple. not sure why all the hate.

Never said anything like that. The OEM piece is probably press-fit, with a finish weld on the bottom to hold it in place.
    Benedict gave me one to convert, and it had been in an accident. Had half the weld torn, but was still intact.

I wish Little K (Nissan suspension engineer) was on here. He could put this to bed.
    sigpic

G-E;337766 wrote: Ok I want to start a poll on this, because I realize there was some confusion and some unhealthy e-fighting over this…

How many of you WILL BUY or are INTERESTED (n the very near future), assuming that all the alignment apocalyse scenarios are wrong, and you will have a workable car after?

Just say "I'm in" or something to that effect… gooo!
    I'm interested.
    1986 300ZX GLL auto non turbo

Butter;337864 wrote: Never said anything like that. The OEM piece is probably press-fit, with a finish weld on the bottom to hold it in place.
    Benedict gave me one to convert, and it had been in an accident. Had half the weld torn, but was still intact.

I wish Little K (Nissan suspension engineer) was on here. He could put this to bed.
    Truth … he's not likely to visit the forums .. he hardly visits his own (z31club.com)

Although .. Little K .. never worked the Z suspension .. he was assigned to other cars (he was working the GT-R development though)
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Guys, stay on topic please hah

Who else is in for a set? The group-buy will be for 84-87 struts… but if there's enough demand for 88+ we can do a few of those too, so state which one you have too

Oh, you mean how mine thread and unthread at the body, while these would require threading and unthreading two fasteners.
    "produce first.talk second."

No he means upgrading from godspeed to kw, not stance to err stance

ShamWow;337908 wrote: Oh, you mean how mine thread and unthread at the body, while these would require threading and unthreading two fasteners.
    So you could switch between PBM coilovers and D2 coilover bodies?

G-E;337903 wrote: Guys, stay on topic please hah

Who else is in for a set? The group-buy will be for 84-87 struts… but if there's enough demand for 88+ we can do a few of those too, so state which one you have too
    Oh cool. Does that mean you test fit them? Or did you get an alignment?

~Alex
    splatter fake blood on fubar'd quarter and roll out.

pedestrians=mobile clipping points -Benedict on PurePontiackid's 280zx

I sent you payment dead set on these adaptors.
    1986 300ZX GLL auto non turbo

I have a new version coming, machinist is busy, I didn't forget about you :P

Anything new on this? I am very interested, just want to see them mounted on a car.