MORE RT stuff: Negative camber roll center adjusters!

300zxturboftw;340125 wrote: Should seat completely fine still with his design. +1 to adam saying wish he had these done a week or so ago!
    Cool! As long as it works, I don't care what the shape is. :P

Can't wait to see the samples! You can put me down on the interested list.
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

Benefit of half cup is that the coilover adjuster can extend out the bottom of the knuckle
    "produce first.talk second."

Great looking design. Subd
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

Thanks

Careless;340126 wrote: not sure if titty joke or you like adding unnecessary weight to corners of car/suspension.
    really how much weight are we talking? they aluminum or steel its likely less than half a pound by far…

and I didn't realize it but it could have been a titty joke

slammedcoupe;340387 wrote: really how much weight are we talking? they aluminum or steel its likely less than half a pound by far…

and I didn't realize it but it could have been a titty joke
    everything adds up!
    i like titties. the more weight on them, the better.

I just assumed it was a titty joke, but now I'm sad it wasn't

Just to add an addendum about weight, I will try to limit the addition of weight where possible, sometimes it's a simple matter of adding a limited amount of machining complexity, in order to save unnecessary material.. of course if it doubles the cost I may rethink the approach

There's a lot of things that I will not make in aluminum, specifically for strength reasons, but in every other case, where the stress can be refined to structural areas or even converted to say compressive load, then aluminum becomes a great option

Compare my BBK, a kit installed on one side, calipers, brackets, rotors and all the hardware, weighs the same as a single *EDIT* 370z track/G37s rotor

The s13 coilover adapter will add a tiny bit of weight over using a stance sleeve adapter, since any s13 coilover will have additional weight in the form of a bracket, this is function vs weight a tradeoff, much like a roll cage… this is not a part that could be made in aluminum

G-E;340409 wrote: this is not a part that could be made in aluminum
    sez you! hmmmmph!

G-E;340409 wrote: Just to add an addendum about weight, I will try to limit the addition of weight where possible, sometimes it's a simple matter of adding a limited amount of machining complexity, in order to save unnecessary material.. of course if it doubles the cost I may rethink the approach

There's a lot of things that I will not make in aluminum, specifically for strength reasons, but in every other case, where the stress can be refined to structural areas or even converted to say compressive load, then aluminum becomes a great option

Compare my BBK, a kit installed on one side, calipers, brackets, rotors and all the hardware, weighs the same as a single *EDIT* 370z track/G37s rotor

The s13 coilover adapter will add a tiny bit of weight over using a stance sleeve adapter, since any s13 coilover will have additional weight in the form of a bracket, this is function vs weight a tradeoff, much like a roll cage… this is not a part that could be made in aluminum
    I like how you are providing reasoning for yourself and careless..... No one was really concerned about weight.

There is maybe 1 or 2 people here that I would call competitive racer...... Like you mentioned above, saving some weight is nice, but not to the point your doubling machining costs.

I mean we should be switching too drilled titanium hardware
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

lock wire holes for mad space shuttling

Ill be interested in seeing the prototypes installed and seeing the alignment differences. Best of luck!
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

adamvann3;340451 wrote: I like how you are providing reasoning for yourself and careless..... No one was really concerned about weight.
    for someone who was whining, bitching, and probably crying about inqui-z-tor making backhanded comments about photoshopping pictures in order to make them look good, you really have a good way of sneaking in backhanded comments yourself....

..... NOT.

saving weight is never a bad thing. this is something that G-E and I discussed off the boards and is one of the features that are an advantage to this product. the lack of uneccessary metal provides both weight savings and ability to access the coilover adjuster, as well as a place for any water or road shmoo to drain through if it leaks down the threads, ultimately saving them from corroding just a little bit more than they would normally. what do you do when you market a product? you list all its advantages. any weight savings that doesn't compromise price or integrity is FEATURE.

Saving weight is not a bad thing. Correct.

But how many people on this board (or really any one) do you think will notice if the only change in the car is one with this design, and this design lacking the extra machining to make it lighter. Im not even sure if I would be able to tell my self.

Have you done any FEA testing on this design? What makes you think this is structurally ok? Ive never seen a roll center adjuster like this one. Obviously doesn't mean its bad, just no one has done it before. Id like to see that it doesn't make the design significantly weaker. Its an interesting idea for sure, but it should be proven to be safe and sound of course.

~Alex
    splatter fake blood on fubar'd quarter and roll out.

pedestrians=mobile clipping points -Benedict on PurePontiackid's 280zx

you guys make me lol.

FEA testing.