MORE RT stuff: Negative camber roll center adjusters!

Ill take my chances with solid steel in this design. If I crash ill let you know. I could probably put tripple the weight each corner would produce under g's and im sure it would be fine.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

yea for real. with all the other products produced without any data or FEA or CFD that people buy into, you'd figure people would be quakin' in their boots before launching a product.

It was thoroughly tested using mash potato models, it withstood sustained attacks by fork, but urine samples were not taken at the time of testing

G-E;340938 wrote: It was thoroughly tested using mash potato models, it withstood sustained attacks by fork, but urine samples were not taken at the time of testing
    well when you do actually urine test it, we will need all the data about acid content and ph level at the time of testing. i am personally a 7 right now, so i doubt my urine will be suitable. but i'll definitely pee all over your product since everyone else loves to shit on them.

How could FEA testing or anything like that be a BAD thing?

And why is taking 20-25% of a suspension part and calling it dead weight and machining it off a GOOD idea? And keep in mind this includes a stepped piece to transfer load in all directions.

Just for sake of argument, since that material is useless, you can machine that off of stock lower toe arm right? Its dead weight too. (Oh I know this is a bad example for a few reasons, but just think about it)

~Alex
    splatter fake blood on fubar'd quarter and roll out.

pedestrians=mobile clipping points -Benedict on PurePontiackid's 280zx

I'll counter your bad example with another bad example… if you wanted to handle the loads in all directions, naturally we should have several springs and shocks located radially with at least one forward, one backward, and one upward, we wouldn't want any forces to feel left out afterall, that would be cruel

Totally missing the point I was trying to make, and avoiding all questions.

Classy.

~Alex
    splatter fake blood on fubar'd quarter and roll out.

pedestrians=mobile clipping points -Benedict on PurePontiackid's 280zx

I'm not avoiding anything, there's no just straight questions to be answered, maybe I need to ask and answer my own damned questions and then you can nitpick later…

Issue: We know the rotational force on the stock part is entirely taken up but the bolts, and surface friction, by offsetting it, we increase that rotational force slightly right?
    Answer: We are tripling the amount of thread available for the bolt, what we lose in density, we add by increasing area

Issue: The retaining ring isn't complete, there is a missing section, this will cause a directional weakness right?
    Answer: About 70% of the retaining ring is there, so longitudinal forces are covered, high lateral forces (as in the case of the outside wheel in a turn) are also covered, the lateral forces on the inside wheel are very little, mostly because of the angle, the bulk of the force is actually vertical, compressive force

Issue: If everything is offset, what happens to my scrub radius?
    Answer: Scrub radius gets increased, just as it is by using a wider, lower offset wheel, if there is strut clearance, a good option is to now use a higher offset wheel

Issue: Track width will increase right?
    Answer: Yes, by using any offset spacer, so to keep a wheel at the same position as before, you'd need a higher offset wheel, or if you used wheel spacers, you could use thinner ones

Issue: I saw a nature show where whales were humping, I wish I had more humping
    Answer: You'd never satisfy a whale, don't worry

Issue: My BBK hits the control arm when mounted with normal Bump steer spacer's, will this fix it?
    Answer: Yes

THAT IS ALL I CARE ABOUT! =D

Russ's adjustable bumpsteer space is alot bulkier and heavier than this. Also as far as I know, Russ never did any FEA testing. But he has done auto-crossing on them, which would incur pretty good levels of stress into them.

G-E's set up seems to be a more simplified version of Russ's.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Very very slight tolerance issue… they will work, but 4 seconds of filing the steering knuckle holes to use them (the threaded holes on the spacer are too close together by 0.58mm)

As such, I will blast these out, $140 shipped a pair… 5 sets available right now!

NissanEgg;341030 wrote: Russ's adjustable bumpsteer space is alot bulkier and heavier than this. Also as far as I know, Russ never did any FEA testing. But he has done auto-crossing on them, which would incur pretty good levels of stress into them.
    Russ's spacers have a far higher chance of splitting apart or breaking into "two pieces".
    I wonder if Rustspecs13 mentioned anything about that in the V2 thread, or noticed there was no FEA testing there either.

also, it does not transfer load in all directions, and you can find pictures on google images of them starting to split in the middle.

hmmmmmm…

So....are sets being made with the right clearances? How long till those are out?

Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

Note: I'm going to include the recessed bolts only, 30mm socket head with lock washers --- the final versions will include replacement knuckle bolts/washers too