bixenon Projector Retrofit. **kouki retro in progress**

DUDE when are these getting installed in the car!!!
    86 NA
    87 Turbo
    Member of the "zetto sun-ichi" group

Local MN car forum/club anyone welcome..... fivezeroseven.net join!

edicer2 wrote: DUDE when are these getting installed in the car!!!
    DUDE when are you going to finish the LED tails…

[quote]NissanXRMA wrote:
    Originally posted by edicer2
    DUDE when are these getting installed in the car!!!
    DUDE when are you going to finish the LED tails…
    oh snap! ha when the gray car is done! Then its full out led soldering time!
    86 NA
    87 Turbo
    Member of the "zetto sun-ichi" group

Local MN car forum/club anyone welcome..... fivezeroseven.net join!

I have been so busy, got to play with one of them over the weekend. Im not super proud, but the glue looks much better.
    My Build Thread

Once installed and it being recessed in the light cavity, no one is gonna be looking at glue. Looks good.

Ven wrote: Once installed and it being recessed in the light cavity, no one is gonna be looking at glue. Looks good.
    ^^ this.

Looks awesome man! Keep up the good work!
    LONG LIVE THE Z

For future you can tape off the inside and paint the edges black so no one sees any glue, and for some reason black paint inside looks very clean. I learned that from an old kit car building show on speed channel look up kit an autobody experience and they build a porsche in that they show what I mean.

Richard_85ZXT wrote: For future you can tape off the inside and paint the edges black so no one sees any glue, and for some reason black paint inside looks very clean. I learned that from an old kit car building show on speed channel look up kit an autobody experience and they build a porsche in that they show what I mean.
    What you mean? If I get glue on top of the tape, it wont come off because the glue is strong lol
    My Build Thread

Lol yeah not gluing while tape on there, tape off all but like 1/4 or 1/2 inch depending on how you want it to look or how much glue will be on there, paint inside black, remove tape so the border will be black almost like a picture frame, but any shape you want and the glue on the edges is then hidden by the "frame", I'll try to find a video of what I mean at somepoint but hopefully that gives a better explaination.

• Richard_85ZXT wrote: Lol yeah not gluing while tape on there, tape off all but like 1/4 or 1/2 inch depending on how you want it to look or how much glue will be on there, paint inside black, remove tape so the border will be black almost like a picture frame, but any shape you want and the glue on the edges is then hidden by the "frame", I'll try to find a video of what I mean at somepoint but hopefully that gives a better explaination.
    I see what your saying. But the glue is more of a semigloss black. Thats why it shows up on top of my low gloss black paint. I can live with it I think....lol
    My Build Thread

• Yeah, I just figured for future reference it would cover up for a nice clean look and less time spent trying to make it look better. I'm looking at something similar myself, but too many other things to take care of first.

here's a pic of more or less what that would look like, and under the black ring around the lens would be the glue.

• Pretty cool stuff. Way to step it up. I guess I will have to install my set finally.
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

• Richard_85ZXT wrote: Yeah, I just figured for future reference it would cover up for a nice clean look and less time spent trying to make it look better. I'm looking at something similar myself, but too many other things to take care of first.

here's a pic of more or less what that would look like, and under the black ring around the lens would be the glue.

Ah ic what your saying there. I played with the look of painting the border black, it looked to tackey and to "ebay". id rather live with the glue seam. But the glue seam is much better looking now.
    My Build Thread

• What's new with this? Someone install it yet?

• Ven wrote: What's new with this? Someone install it yet?
    Im awaiting payment to send them. They are finished, and I tested them under water to make sure that there is no leaks. I also sanded down and polished the lens to take out the scratches I made. It looks great, hope he is happy.

In the future I am not sure if Ill do this because it takes quite a bit of time. I will probably supply the lenses, but thats about it. I had lots of time when I didnt have a job, but now that isnt the case might do another set…who knows =). But we will see once he recieves it how he likes them, he can judge the quality and give me feedback. I personally think they will be bad ass.
    My Build Thread