NisTune Info (link)

• [quote]G-E wrote:
    Originally posted by wire
    Once you have tuned your setup properly with nistune and have a reliable runner, is it possible to pull the changed values and burn a prom to run the ecu with your new preferred tune?

Some classes of racing only allow a stock ecu with nothing extra connected to it but do allow burning a new prom.But nothing will be connected to it, it's all inside the ecu
    exactly, and even if the internal daughter board wasn't allowed, I highly doubt they are gonna make you pull out you ecu and open it just to see…
    10:1 VG33E Swap 200HP
    M30 ECU with N60 MAF
    Pathfinder Intake, Euro Cams, Russ Cam Gears, Headers and Gibson Cat Back

• I still have not got the car to run correctly. I have not messed with it in a couple of weeks but going to start tomo i think. If anyone wants to follow along:
    http://msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=44897

This is the biggest headache i have ever had with any standalone EMS. I would not recommend it for a z31 personally.
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

• lulz. nistune brah. why ms?

• Matt specifically said he wouldn't implement any serious anti-theft unless piracy became an issue… and I think we can all agree his efforts are best put towards the tuning part not some ganked piracy locking

• MS was choosen for the platform. It has many Inputs/outputs, you can long damn near anything, you have antilag, 2step, 3step. Can run many injectors, fully sequential, Multiple coils, Get rid of MAF. Cableless tunning(bluetooth), SD card input so you can save your tunes,datalogs ect and look at them whenever you want. Essentially i can do anything and everything with it. It can be installed on pretty much any car. For $602 bucks for MS3/V3.57, wiring harness, ect. I couldnt pass it up. The down side is you have to wire the car yourself (Not a big deal, heck the wiring harness wires are labeled for you). Not many have Utilized it with a vg30 engine so R&D is still on the platter. No base maps. I think the biggest down side is the FSM. There is so much misinfomation it causes you to go crazy because your believeing what your reading, but its totally taking you off course blindly. After all i got the car running pretty decent. Put at least 1000 miles on it. Ive had it on 35psi+(boost gauge stops),22-25 psi regularly, timing is locked @ 10degrees :lol: ....Got EGT? Currently, there is no clutch and the diff went by by. Looking for a shell to swap everything over. The motor is still holding strong, compression is @ its usuall 90psi-100psi across the board. Hasnt changed in years :mdr
    Careless wrote: lulz. nistune brah. why ms?
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

• Has anyone used a pro sport wideband with a nistune ecu? Anything I need to know to get it working? I didn't see it listed in the documentation.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

• im planning to use it on mine and brian's, it has 2 optional outputs. with different voltage scales. should be in your paperwork, telling what the scales equate to. one I think it 0-1V other is (I think) 0-5v. then to figure out what nistune scalers are… part of me wants to say theyre selectable.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

• Axel kain;314292 wrote: im planning to use it on mine and brian's, it has 2 optional outputs. with different voltage scales. should be in your paperwork, telling what the scales equate to. one I think it 0-1V other is (I think) 0-5v. then to figure out what nistune scalers are… part of me wants to say theyre selectable.
    I'll see if I can dig out the paperwork for the wideband tonight. I'll try to document how to get it working and post it up here.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

• According to Nistune, once you come up with a tune you like you can burn the image permanently to EPROM. Does this not render Nistune null and void thereafter?
    And if not, do you have to reload the damn thing everytime you start the car.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

• Augustus Maximus;337872 wrote: According to Nistune, once you come up with a tune you like you can burn the image permanently to EPROM. Does this not render Nistune null and void thereafter?
    And if not, do you have to reload the damn thing everytime you start the car.
    Once you burn the eprom, you no longer need to connect the laptop to nistune to drive the car. You need to leave it installed, as the map is contained within the nistune card. You can take the map you made and flash it to an eprom chip, then install the chip if you wanted to get rid of nistune afterwards. I don't know if I'd recommend that though!

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

• Since I'm having some trouble to connect my Nistune board, could I use Nistune to change the injector (259CC to 450CC) and then save the .bin, burn it to a chip and put it in my ECU for now?

Does the .bin saved from Nistune include all the required address and data to run the car?

''And at the end of the day you have a Mitsubishi. It's like masturbating with your own tears.'' Neit86T

• And if you burn to eprom and later uograde to bigger injectors? Until my understanding is clear I go through the hassle of loading up each and everytime I start the gotdamn car.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

• Why can't you guys understand that the whole point of nistune is that it's not an emulator, it's a repogrammable rom chip, once programmed you can leave it alone

• yes. you can burn the .bin file to someone's eeprom using a burner and retain the tune and the drivability the same way as if the nistune was not hooked up to a laptop.

infact, i'm surprised someone hasn't made a better tune than the JWT450 and sold those yet at as replaceable chip.