NisTune Info (link)

• ok i got some vg30dett injectors and was wondering if they were just a drop in and change the injector cc in nistune.

in ither words are the impedence the same??

CUSTOM HEADLAMPS/CARBON FIBER/FT&RTSB/OIL COOLER/LED'S/VG30ETT/PATHFINDER INTAKE MANIFIOLD/2.5" EXHAUST/NISMO MUFFLER/HKS TT, BOV, BOOST GUAGE/Q45 BBK/K&N/2x GARRETT T-25/NISTUNE/......

• http://www.redz31.net/pages/fuel.html

I'm almost 100 percent positive that the Z32 are high impedance.

If you can't find something on here check yahoo or google.

So sleepy

• Big_E-Dog wrote: ok i got some vg30dett injectors and was wondering if they were just a drop in and change the injector cc in nistune.

The Z32 uses high impedance side feed injectors. They are not a direct fit for OEM SOHC VG30 fuel rails.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

• [quote]FlawleZ wrote:
    Originally posted by Big_E-Dog
    ok i got some vg30dett injectors and was wondering if they were just a drop in and change the injector cc in nistune.

The Z32 uses high impedance side feed injectors. They are not a direct fit for OEM SOHC VG30 fuel rails.
    They appear to be the same or similar type the pathfinders use, but I can't verify since I don't have any Z32 injectors…

- VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

• alright I was doing more digging and this IS the best bang for the buck but I'm a little confused about it

whats the difference between board 1, 2, 3, and 4? aren't they all the same? or no? and it says' AUD. is this coming from Australia or what?

also would nistune work on a 85 turbo ECU?

he gives me shit all the time about the money i spend on my car but he simply doenst understand what type of "high" you get from watching a stock car transform into something alive with as much emotion and feelings as any human.
    Originally posted by PurePontiacKid
    My god… 10 pages and so far he's only pulled the motor out of the donor car, and bought some valvetrain parts for it? way to be proactive guys.

• I know that J30 Maxima use the same injector o-rings as the SR20's and VG30DE/TT. So it is possible the Z32 injectors will fit.

The R50 Pathfinders and Quests use the same injectors which are smaller in diameter and use different o-rings as listed above. This means those injectors will not fit the R50 or V40/41

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

• New 2 Z wrote: alright I was doing more digging and this IS the best bang for the buck but I'm a little confused about it

whats the difference between board 1, 2, 3, and 4? aren't they all the same? or no? and it says' AUD. is this coming from Australia or what?

also would nistune work on a 85 turbo ECU?
    The information is available on the NIStune website. But in short, the different types are merely revisions and hardware changes to accommodate the different types of ECUs each car has. Once installed and plugged in, it works essentially the exact same in every single car. You basically just specify to Matt when ordering which type you need.

Yes, its coming from Australia unless you purchase one locally through one of the distributors or retail stores that carry NIStune.

Yes, NIStune will work on ANY Z31 ECU.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

• Ok im geting ready to get my Z back on the road. Im wanting to go with NisTune. I just dont know what setup that I need to get. Please help :-?

• Wht87z31t wrote: Ok im geting ready to get my Z back on the road. Im wanting to go with NisTune. I just dont know what setup that I need to get. Please help :-?
    Go to this site and read it cover to cover. http://www.nistune.com/
    Then either pull your ECU and send it to Matt to have Nistune installed or find a second ECU and save you orginal for a back up. Once you are sure that the replacement you got works send it to Matt.
    When you get it back, plug it in and find someone to help you tune it. It is really simple.
    …and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

• Question. I have an 88turbo and i'm going to get Nistune put on an 86T ECU. If I should at a later point move to high impedence injectors, how hard is it to swap the Nistune to the other ECU, if it is even possible? Is it just unsolder and resolder kind of deal?

Also, who are some local retailers of the NisTune hardware and does anyone know if they keep the parts for the Z31 in stock, or is it basically the same as ordering from the guy who developed Nistune?`

• If you change impedences, you don't have to change the ecu. You can use drop in resistors if you have a high impedence ECU on low impedence injectors or its fine if you have a low impedence ECU on high impedence injectors. Theres no need to swap nistune from ECU to ECU.

Talk to matt at NIStune about ordering.

• NissanXRMA wrote: If you change impedences, you don't have to change the ecu. You can use drop in resistors if you have a high impedence ECU on low impedence injectors or its fine if you have a low impedence ECU on high impedence injectors. Theres no need to swap nistune from ECU to ECU.

Talk to matt at NIStune about ordering.
    This is true, but it's harder to tune the injectors correctly due to the resistors. Since I have one of each, it is easier for me and better for peace of mind to just swap the nistune to the other ECU.

• steps:

1) remove nistune from current ecu.
    2) follow "nistune installation" instructions to install nistune to the second ecu.

simple as that.

• Just incase anyone is looking for a stateside vendor, I went through http://www.autovaughnperformance.com/

Excellent customer service and pricing. I hate soldering/electrical work in general, and these guys only charge 430 return shipped for a type 1 board, installation, and user license. Great deal and great people with very fast turn around compared to going direct through nistune.
    Four Doors for More Whores

• Thanks for the link.

I have two ECU's I could send in, one auto 84T and one Manual 84T ECU. The car was an auto originally but is currently running the 5spd ECU. Both work well however I was thinking I might one day build the car for the dragstrip with a paddleshift driven automatic. I wasn't sure if there were much differences but figured I may need the auto ECU's capabilities in the future for TPS so I would send it in instead of the 5spd? Any thoughts?