NisTune Info (link)

• hypcodiiihop wrote: Just incase anyone is looking for a stateside vendor, I went through http://www.autovaughnperformance.com/
    excellent, i've been holding off so long not wanting to deal with international shipping now i have no excuse!

• Finally got my nistune install all done and I must say this is fun. I got to play with it a little at work and now I can't wait to get home!

thanks hypcodiiihop, I to recommend auto vaughn performance, andy is a great guy and helped me every step of the way!
    1uz Swapped, lowered, flaked out '86 z31
    '72 Datsun 510 4dr, ka24de-T, slammed resto mod
    '84 z31 turbo, coils, wheels a.k.a the gfs weekend car
    '86 na2t parts for now a.k.a eventually will get running with a/c daily
    '83 280zx project backburner a.k.a ls turbo drag car one day
    Custom vg30et tube chassis drift exocet project

• agreed i just dealt with andy at autovaughn, that guy is first class and i highly reccommend him. He said if I am on the dyno and having problems it would be ok to call him even if its late for help. great guy
    87 Turbo: Stock VG33, stock cams, maxima intake, T5, DXD stage 3 clutch, tubular stainless headers, GT3582r, full 3" stainless exhaust, E85 680cc inj. and Nistune
    current time: 13.39@106, 2.05 60' 12psi with old stock 85T motor and street tires!

• Is there anyone else besides me who has a type 1 board installed on an 86 na ecu?
    1uz Swapped, lowered, flaked out '86 z31
    '72 Datsun 510 4dr, ka24de-T, slammed resto mod
    '84 z31 turbo, coils, wheels a.k.a the gfs weekend car
    '86 na2t parts for now a.k.a eventually will get running with a/c daily
    '83 280zx project backburner a.k.a ls turbo drag car one day
    Custom vg30et tube chassis drift exocet project

• I have type one installed on an 85 ECU,

Does anybody get the error "extended consult not available with this license"

I have purchased the software from Matt, got a product key and all.

When i had it installed on my laptop( vista ) it was fine but on my garage desktop pc with win xp it gives me that error.
    85 Turbo Slick Top
    __________________________________________________ _____

• Is it posted anywhere in one spot which MAF is needed for X amount of power?

How much whp is the stock MAF good for without any mods to it or air bypass?
    Shiro #443

• 400 + on stock maf, Z32 ~500, Cobra ~500 and the Lightning ~700.

• Regarding system requirements and performance, what is par?

pretty much if i bring my vehicle to a tuner would i be better off letting them use their Dell Intel Core2 duo or whatever junk it may be. Or would i be better off bringing an i7, high RAM equipped laptop? required ports? serial for the 02 input and USB 2.0? any others?

-Nistune 88 fed 5sp
    -Innovate WB 02

• Either will work fine, The requirements are small like 400mhz, 1/4 gig of ram.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

• shromy wrote: Either will work fine, The requirements are small like 400mhz, 1/4 gig of ram.
    So the time between the ECU picking up signals and the computer reading and displaying them is not very demanding on the system?

• No it is not. Dont get me wrong faster is always better, but it eventually can only send/read so fast.

Found it.
    16. What are the minimum requirements for NIStune

NIStune is written to be as lightweight in system resources as possible. We recommend using laptop with:

- Pentium 500Mhz + recommended running XP, Vista or Windows 7 (32 bit versions)
    - USB 1.0 port (if using Type 1 board or USB Serial converter)
    - Serial port / USB Serial Converter: Consult Connection (Used with Type 2 board)
    - Serial port / USB Serial Converter: Wideband data display and logging
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

• Hey guys new to the forum and just starting to learn and research my options for a fuel managment system. I have a 70 Datsun 510 with a vg30 from a pathfinder. The motor has stock internals with headers and MSD ignition system. I initially wanted to purchase Nistune for my tunning needs but read some info on the web that the product does not support my ECU. I then switched my learning interest to Megasquirt. I recently was told that guys here are using the z32 Nistune on the Z31. Anyways thats not my case either. I have a pathfinder ECU. The numbers on the ecu are 37 MECM-V180 B1 0120. Can anyone verify Nistune has a product that I can use on this ECU or should I just stay focused on the idea of Megasquirt or JWT (even though I dont want to mail it everytime I add a performance mod). My plans are Holset H1E, Intercooler and 440cc injectors or larger. Please let me know. Thanks

• You could find a Z31 wiring harness and ECU and get Nistune for it
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

• HOW DO CONNECT NISTUNE LC-1