Header Studs

628sx wrote: oh and how nice, my nissan dealer doesn't list they and can't order them. so back up plan is fucked
    How many times do we have to tell you that your local Nissan dealer sucks sweaty donkey balls? They are feeding you BS. Studs are still avaible and easily ordered.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

628sx wrote: oh and how nice, my nissan dealer doesn't list they and can't order them. so back up plan is fucked

my friend lives near a Toyota dealer with some stupid guy named Zully that works there. All he does is spout off prices off the top of his head. Washer pump? "80 bucks man". it's 42 fucking dollars. e-brake shoes? "set of 4, 250 dollars". are you kidding me? They're 93 bucks for the entire set.

I called the dealership OWNER and said if Zully gives me one more off-the-rim price, I'm going to file a formal complaint with Toyota with registered mail to make sure they got it because my friend has been applying to be at the parts desk due to a physical injury that doesn't allow him to do trades work like he used to… and he would be much better suited to be a parts-minder than this lazy ass good for nothing worker who is lucky to have a job, ignoring the fact that he can barely speak english.

If you let the dealership feed you bullshit… you're going to eat bullshit.

Needless to say, Zully uses the computer to check prices now.

I've listed the part numbers of the correct ls1 studs in one of the previous threads, the info is out there somewhere!

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

[quote]NissanEgg wrote:
    Originally posted by 628sx
    oh and how nice, my nissan dealer doesn't list they and can't order them. so back up plan is fuckedHow many times do we have to tell you that your local Nissan dealer sucks sweaty donkey balls? They are feeding you BS. Studs are still avaible and easily ordered.
    Yeah, they're F*ckin stupid. It's either a lack of caring, or the parts guy is just a retard. Anyway, called the GM dealer, and they have them in stock. he was just confused cause they were listed under LS6.
    Turbo Rotories… 60% of the time.... they work every time..

um...... stock LS1 "studs"

I argued with the guy for a lil bit. but thats the stock LS1 exhaust mani to head bolts..

Yea, the bolts are stock. The aftermarket arp set are the stud and nut type.

Yeah. That's wut i figured. These will work though, right?

628sx wrote: ok.... WTF… i went in yesterday and the ARP book we looked at said the LS1 studs are M8x1.75......? plus it only had one thread pitch listed
    They are definitely m8x1.25. Think standards....m12 would be 1.75 pitch.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

[quote]300zxturboftw wrote:
    ok.... WTF… i went in yesterday and the ARP book we looked at said the LS1 studs are M8x1.75......? plus it only had one thread pitch listed
    But i was pretty sure M8 or M12 would refer to the diameter of the shank on the bolt, where the 1.25 or 1.75 would be the thread pitch tho right?

628sx wrote: Yeah. That's wut i figured. These will work though, right?

[quote]628sx wrote: [quote=300zxturboftw]
    ok.... WTF… i went in yesterday and the ARP book we looked at said the LS1 studs are M8x1.75......? plus it only had one thread pitch listed

But i was pretty sure M8 or M12 would refer to the diameter of the shank on the bolt, where the 1.25 or 1.75 would be the thread pitch tho right?
    You're exactly right…I don't see where the questionable response comes into play lol. Buy the ARP LS1 Stud kit. 100 % they will fit.

It just seemed like you said something different. but the ARP set was $180 at lordco. that pic is wut i bought. stock LS1 bolts. hope they work

Pretty sure I bought these:
    http://paceperformance.com/i-6488800-ar … ty-12.html

Although I see wher eyou get the 1.75 pitch from. I would call them to confirm its 1.25, which is probably is.

As long as they are the correct pitch they should work. Unless there's a limit to the length, if there is I don't know what it is. Another user here suggested using blue loctite on the exhaust studs by the way. Might be a good idea to use it on those bolt you have. Unless maybe if you will be removing them repeatedly.

nah, they have almost an inch of factory thread lock on them already, should be good