Header Studs

totally awesome.... I ended up cutting the EGR tube.. and breaking it… so now i can't pinch it off… Also, on the collector of the passenger side mani, the bottom stud has a washer that's too big wedged in there holding it on. Also also… the 1 stud that was broken, and caused my leak in the first place, is broken off flush with the head YAY! F*ck me.. plus there was a bunch of effin red silicone all over the middle exhaust port and gasket.. why the F would anyone slather a bunch of silicone on there?
    Turbo Rotories… 60% of the time.... they work every time..

So now, I'm getting my dad's right angle drill in the morning, to fix it all up. but when i pulled the intake pipping off the turbo i found zero shaft play!! 8 to 10 lbs here i come!

628sx wrote: So now, I'm getting my dad's right angle drill in the morning, to fix it all up. but when i pulled the intake pipping off the turbo i found zero shaft play!! 8 to 10 lbs here i come!
    I would try the nut and weld trick before id drill in to the head! Just weld a nut to the stud and most of the time it come right out!
    Shiro Special #998

-----------------------------------
    86T - Sold

I would but it's broken off about an 8th of an inch inside the head

Theres a good chance it will still work better then drilling!
    Shiro Special #998

-----------------------------------
    86T - Sold

Yeah it might be better than drilling, but considering i don't have a ride, access to a welder, or anyone close with a welder, i'll just drill. Easy outs work pretty damn well.

lol how is that supposed to work when the stud is broken INSIDE the hole?
    "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

"Nitrous doesn't blow up motors; Idiots with nitrous blow up motors."

Shooting for 500whp

Rent an ARC WELDER (15 bucks for the day).

Buy a 3/16 electrode, like a high nickel or a stainless one.
    Give it a zap in the hole.
    Then grab the electrode and turn it once it cools down.

use a piece of vacuum hose and put the electrode through it if you don't want to hit the threads. so what if it melts in there. it will just come out when you remove the bolt.

Yeah..... Well, i'm still drilling it.. But in the mean time on the turbo side… Fucking 1 was already broken and i just broke another. Plus as u probably already know with out unbolting the turbo the mani only falls about 2 inches away from the block… this causes a problem for either drilling or welding… FUCK! 3 hour job is turning into 3 days.... or weeks.. really fast

The drilling worked great for the passenger side, got the stud out. Now i have at least 2 on the drivers side, after i find the easiest way to get the mani off the turbo :S

this seems impossible… how the f*ck do people get at these nuts????????

any help? There are some washers with tabs blocking me from getting anything on the nuts.. this is stupid as hell

unbolt the engine mounts and raise it up slightly, gives you much better access to them.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Yeah that will work. Now how can i safely accomplish this with minimal expense, and only a floor jack on an angled driveway. I mean i have wheel chalks but… i dunno…

Drilled one out on the passenger side, worked great. But, of course, on the driver side, after FINALLY getting th mani off, i find out that the 2 broken studs are closest to the firewall… And the brake master is in the way of drilling them… WHY THE F*CK DOES THIS HAPPEN