NISMO heads for the VG30E/ET

Weird round tooth belt too. Doesn't look like VG33 style.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

BLOZ UP wrote: Weird round tooth belt too. Doesn't look like VG33 style.
    Well, timing belt style compared to OE goes right out the door considering the cam gears are the size of the moon.

I can VISUALLY see MLS headgaskets too. lol
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

cooper plates. They never used MLS systems in GTP. Cooper plates were designed to withstand extreme amounts of boost 45+PSI. These plates were receiver and bead lock grooved to fit like a puzzle to the deck of both the heads and block. They were made of billet aluminum and were .095" thick.

Jesel made the rocker arms years ago and have since lost all the R&D specs on the assemblies.

The V52 heads were completely reworked with a Chevy valve guide and valve combo. The valves were sodium filled for a stronger yet slighter valve assembly. Chambers were left primarily stock with the exception of over sized seats and deshrouding of the exhaust/intake areas then the areas were blended and radiused. The intake floors were filled with epoxy to generate a different valve/port angle. This not only increased tq/hp but it also aided in a better line of site and significantly increased air speed.

Here are images of said information.

Nissan Race Engine Machine Shop
    Dedicated to VG performance and design http://www.epracing.net

Valvecovers from that nz video are awesome

"Beer is proof that god wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

khyronzx wrote: Valvecovers from that nz video are awesome
    I wonder if they are off a foreign market VG powered vehicle or if they are one offs.
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

Not one offs. The Pond Racer had a set as well..... I guess that would technically be two sets. So, photos of three sets are in existence.
    Originally posted by adamvann3
    Hmm I normally jack off my rear x-member.

Via the youtube video, those are Magnesium V/Cs, but I did notice that the in car section does show a more standard looking VG Valve cover. Also they do not have an Oil filler cap on the "show" engine with the dry sump pan.
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

someone should buy these, just to see what they can do.

I want to sooooo badly! They have the port design perfect for an n/a application.
    "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

They didn't sell, you should make them an offer
    Originally posted by adamvann3
    Hmm I normally jack off my rear x-member.

perfect port design? do tell.

Dammit! He accepted my offer. Guess we will see about the port design, after I buy seats, valves, guides and put it all together.

1sikz wrote: Not one offs. The Pond Racer had a set as well..... I guess that would technically be two sets. So, photos of three sets are in existence.
    dude. these things weren't casted in such low volume.
    there has to be a boat load of these heads that went through the ringer and were eventually tossed into the garbage.

the nismo type parts were used in quite a couple of applications. race teams generally had many spares.

Looks like it is gonna need a 1.9" or 48mm intake valve. Gonna need 290+ cfm just to play at the 5000 ft per min mean piston speed. Gonna need 2.6 sq.in. csa as well. If all that can be had, should make around 450-500hp n/a.
    Pretty sure I would be happy with 400hp.

Cant wait to see how well the ports are configured. Available csa as well.

You better keep up on this or we are coming to get you. Been waiting years for a qualified person to pick up a set of them. Some headache along the way but simple stuff. Awesome.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT