NISMO heads for the VG30E/ET

Trying to avoid the beryllium. Kinda hate the idea of cancer causing substances. Looking at moldstar, might give them a call.

So what is the final plan for these heads? Monster turbo engine? Or high compression methanol motor w/ nitrous?
    88SS - #300 - http://z31performance.com/showthread.php?18360

a22770 wrote: Trying to avoid the beryllium. Kinda hate the idea of cancer causing substances. Looking at moldstar, might give them a call.
    why not just use a respirator?

Let me know what you hear back from Moldstar.
    The bullshit stops, when the GREEN light drops.

Only babies cry about the bottle.

Plans for the motor are n/a. High revving drag setup.

a22770 wrote: Plans for the motor are n/a. High revving drag setup.
    so much money for 300hp
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

[quote]aceman wrote:
    Originally posted by a22770
    Plans for the motor are n/a. High revving drag setup.so much money for 300hp
    I'd be he could do better than 300hp....L32 strokers do. :nanan?re
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

thats like buying a 100mm turbo and aiming for 300-400hp
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

aceman wrote: thats like buying a 100mm turbo and aiming for 300-400hp
    And your point? These are not production car parts that fit your ideal of what "I would do with setup x or part y." So your argument is invalid.

You're not the one buying the heads.
    You're not the one modding the heads.
    You're not the one trying something different.
    You're not the one tyring to be helpful and experiment.

It's his money and time. Let him spend it as he sees fit.

I'm curious as to what these heads can do.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

[quote]NissanEgg wrote:
    Originally posted by aceman
    thats like buying a 100mm turbo and aiming for 300-400hpAnd your point? These are not production car parts that fit your ideal of what "I would do with setup x or part y." So your argument is invalid.

You're not the one buying the heads.
    You're not the one modding the heads.
    You're not the one trying something different.
    You're not the one tyring to be helpful and experiment.

It's his money and time. Let him spend it as he sees fit.

I'm curious as to what these heads can do.
    Nobody is stopping anyone from doing anything, argument remains valid. We know what the heads do, as they are not new.

aceman wrote:
    Nobody is stopping anyone from doing anything, argument remains valid. We know what the heads do, as they are not new.
    Your argument is not valid at all. Head work benefits both turbo and N/A cars.

What's wrong with getting the most premium set of heads to achieve the best N/A numbers?

It's not even in the same ballpark as buying a 100mm turbo to make 300hp. That's stupidity + overkill.
    If you want to make N/A numbers, you would need better flowing heads. And that's exactly what these seem to be.

So again, how is your argument valid?

You can spend as much as you want NA and it will still make less usable power than a stock turbo motor with a stock fuel system. For that reason it makes no sense, there is no return on investment.

Since you have to build the exhaust system anyways you may as well use a properly sized turbo and get return on your time. The total price of the build goes up 10% and you get 90% more usable power.

True as that may be, he can always drop compression later and go turbo, and make stupid numbers.

As far as NA 300hp, that would be quite the feat. 100hp a liter is damn good. Could bottle feed, slap them on a 3.3 and go nuts.

Personally I would like to see you bore a vg33 out to 98mm and make the supposed vg38. I've seen rumors just never seen a real build.
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

exactly, nothing he's doing would "hurt" going turbo later, and it will be a fantastic experiment to see how far our lump of iron can go… much like the corvette guys squeezing everything out of their lumps

besides having a 300hp+ n/a that revs high, means a huge powerband, with the right gearing and final ratio, he could even have a very linear and predictable road race car that will keep up with anything made today

Rebello builds 400hp L28s stroked and bored to 3.2s....theres no reason a high compression NA VG30/33 couldn't be badass.

This is mild:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO4Yhqo8E6I[/video]]
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -