S13/S14/S15 Subframe Conversion Kit GB-STANCE MULTILINK!!

• Re: S13/S14/S15 Subframe Conversion Kit GB-STANCE MULTILINK!

Careless are you serious? :huh:

Do you even have your kit installed yet?

Did you even look at the kit? The studs dont have a "high rockwell rating". And you think you know what I paid for in materials?

Have you ever tried to machine a hardened steel bolt?

Why would you "mill" a stud? Perhaps you meant "turn"? like with a lathe? Have you machined anything ever?

Have you ever tried to weld a hardened steel bolt?

Perhaps you should consider spending a bit more time with your google search bar welder in the garage, actually installing the kit, rather than acting like your the expert on it.
    "produce first.talk second."

ShamWow wrote: Careless are you serious? :huh:

Do you even have your kit installed yet?

Did you even look at the kit? The studs dont have a "high rockwell rating". And you think you know what I paid for in materials?

Have you ever tried to machine a hardened steel bolt?

Why would you "mill" a stud? Perhaps you meant "turn"? like with a lathe? Have you machined anything ever?

Have you ever tried to weld a hardened steel bolt?

Perhaps you should consider spending a bit more time with your google search bar welder in the garage, actually installing the kit, rather than acting like your the expert on it.
    the fuck is your problem?
    by mill, i meant turn. yes.
    have i tried welding a hardened steel bolt? yes. many times. without fail.

btw, who pissed in your lucky charms this morning?

was i the one that mentioned rockwell rating at all? no. I just mentioned the highest grade of bolt available from my supplier. there are other grades too… they're a Bolt store for a reason.

do you mind telling me what having the kit installed and having bolts modified to work with the rear subframe bushings has to do with one another?

if i didn't have your kit, that's exactly what i would be doing, and without fail.
    thankyouverymuch. your kit isn't the only solution. it's just a very convenient one.

here we have some guy who's "really upset" that you're not producing this kit right now, and I'm the one you single out. nice to see you have your head in the right place.
    btw, you quoted me on a price for just the studs, remember? I have a pretty good idea of what you'd like to make on them. so to answer your question: no, i don't know what your material cost was- but I have a pretty good baseline to go from- considering you wanted to sell crank spacers for 50 bucks. ninja plz.

ahhh mike, the inner engineer comes out lol.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Welding 4140 and mild steel have nearly identical puddle formations. Funny story where I work about that. The guy that had my job before me, cut plugs out of the wrong material (used 4140 instead of 1018 roundbar) and then welded them into place. The machinists kept braking bits trying to hone out the plugged holes.

So long as you don't heat up the 4140 before turning them, you can have studs made out of that if you so desired, then just heat treat them and boom your golden. Fortunately for me we have a legit blacksmith setup at my work.

^ Prolly the route I will go for studs.

Build thread http://z31performance.com/showthread…-Paint-done-eh

I used a piece of allthread from down the street at the hardware store. Welded a piece of pipe I found over it as a spacer. Next, I jammed it in there, welded it, and enjoyed driving my car.
    Key points:
    -Can find anywhere
    -Cheap
    -Won't break
    -I want to drive my car instead of
    -Heavier duty stuff is not required. Nissan doesn't even use it.

Meanwhile, at Chunginzhou....

Not concerned with Rockwell ratings. Getting things done. Taking America by storm.
    sigpic

Yup, used a piece of hardened steel, and cut the threads into it, was it easy hell no. Did it work hell ya!
    88na2T-s13,q45 swap 12.6@110mph
    87T 2+2 auto,stock

Of course there are other options. Point is that all the ones you mentioned are tarded, and that half your posts on this forum are worthless shit based on no real world experience.

If a guy wants to install the subframe, perhaps he should start by looking into methods used by those that have actually done it already.

Please do not weld a piece of hardened steel to anything subjected to loading unless you plan to temper post weld (which will warp the bar stud assembly). Ask me how i know…im not just a z31 google hero.

There are 40 of these on the market and as far as i can tell only 3 have been installed. Either buy someones off of their dusty shelf, or follow the route of one of the people who installed without the kit.
    "produce first.talk second."

out of those 40 people a few have them installed and the rest of us that have them installed which is like 10 of us all together just fabbed our own shit!
    1uz Swapped, lowered, flaked out '86 z31
    '72 Datsun 510 4dr, ka24de-T, slammed resto mod
    '84 z31 turbo, coils, wheels a.k.a the gfs weekend car
    '86 na2t parts for now a.k.a eventually will get running with a/c daily
    '83 280zx project backburner a.k.a ls turbo drag car one day
    Custom vg30et tube chassis drift exocet project

badboyz31 wrote: out of those 40 people a few have them installed and the rest of us that have them installed which is like 10 of us all together just fabbed our own shit!
    Or bought it from someone else that fabbed it… Yes, I am including you in that lol :nanan?re

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
    Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack…end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

ShamWow wrote: Of course there are other options. Point is that all the ones you mentioned are tarded, and that half your posts on this forum are worthless shit based on no real world experience.

So they're tarded because they worked for two members on hybridZ with s30's and a member on this forum here (DMANN) which i've met, and he explained to me how he did it? And didn't Butter just say he did pretty much the same thing? Oh, and Spooledup300z.

You like to spout off sayin' I have no real world experience, meanwhile you just pretty much called oh… 5… 6 people stupid for doing what I've explained that I would do if I didn't have your fancy kit. Interesting. I guess those people, as well as myself for thinking it's a suitable idea, must be real tarded.

LEARN TO READ: I did not say "use a hardened bolt", I replied to Spooledup300z in regards to his statement that carriage bolts are not rated. Carriage bolts are a "style" of bolt with a rounded head. They are available in unrated, all the way up to 12.9- which I know to be available. I'm really sorry you're having trouble understanding. It doesn't take a google search wizard to figure out what I said and what I didn't say.

figures. you seem to have something against me, so I don't expect any less.

[quote]bleakdragonmage wrote:
    Originally posted by badboyz31
    out of those 40 people a few have them installed and the rest of us that have them installed which is like 10 of us all together just fabbed our own shit!
    Or bought it from someone else that fabbed it… Yes, I am including you in that lol :nanan?re
    Well sir lol, only thing I did not have to do was the front mounts, all of the back stuff like the plate and studs and stuff I had to do myself along with the notching of the frame too.
    1uz Swapped, lowered, flaked out '86 z31
    '72 Datsun 510 4dr, ka24de-T, slammed resto mod
    '84 z31 turbo, coils, wheels a.k.a the gfs weekend car
    '86 na2t parts for now a.k.a eventually will get running with a/c daily
    '83 280zx project backburner a.k.a ls turbo drag car one day
    Custom vg30et tube chassis drift exocet project

Butter wrote: I used a piece of allthread from down the street at the hardware store. Welded a piece of pipe I found over it as a spacer. Next, I jammed it in there, welded it, and enjoyed driving my car.
    Key points:
    -Can find anywhere
    -Cheap
    -Won't break
    -I want to drive my car instead of
    -Heavier duty stuff is not required. Nissan doesn't even use it.

Meanwhile, at Chunginzhou....

Not concerned with Rockwell ratings. Getting things done. Taking America by storm.
    This ^^......Everyone seems to be making this conversion allot more complicated than it actually is.

Oh and I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but another alternative is to cut the factory studs, with they're backing plates, out of an old z31 (or any other Nissan) parts car

So they're tarded because they worked for two members on hybridZ with s30's and a member on this forum here (DMANN) which i've met, and he explained to me how he did it? And didn't Butter just say he did pretty much the same thing? Oh, and Spooledup300z.
    I don't know about those other guys, but I just cut a piece of Allthread, and welded it into my car. There was no milling or re-threading of anything. Spooledup just took a bolt and welded it into his car. I understand your carriage bolt idea, but it's not the same thing, and is overly complicated, i.e. "tarded". If you would PERFORM THE SWAP ON YOUR CAR, then you would see just how un-complicated this is. Then you say…
    The place I go to has large shoulder carriage bolts that are 12.9 black oxide / nitride bolts.
    …as if that is what you would select. I don't care if this is what you meant or not, this is what it looks like. Then it starts off a discussion about stuff that can cause a newb to start shitting his pants about Rockwell ratings in his swap.

You have this "gift" where you can make cooking a Hot Pocket seem like you need a certain wavelength microwave and involve brown mustard. Not just this thread, but a lot of threads.
    sigpic

Butter wrote: I don't know about those other guys, but I just cut a piece of Allthread, and welded it into my car. There was no milling or re-threading of anything. Spooledup just took a bolt and welded it into his car. I understand your carriage bolt idea, but it's not the same thing, and is overly complicated, i.e. "tarded".
    If you think it's overly complicated, then you in fact do not understand
    the carriage bolt idea.
    i would be able to make it work with a chop saw by zipping off the round portion of the head if I wanted to. some people don't like the idea of using a grinder for anything.

my point is that it ends up having a base to actually weld that is wider than a standard bolt head. you do NOT have to have anything milled/turned/whatever. it all depends on what size bolt you encounter. and judging by the size of the studs that i have from the kit, a similar size is available that may only need to be "turned" a smidge and "chased" instead of fully rethreaded. How is that any more of a space shuttle project than getting all thread and finding a pipe that has the same ID and proper OD to work? And how safe is that considering you have less of a platform to weld around?

comprende? obviously the bolt would be 1inch size or whateevr the stud is. i haven't measured.

you could get a carriage bolt that is long enough that you can have it sized down and re-threaded to fine-pitch if you REALLY wanted to have it done.
    ^ i also did not say its super important to rethread it. please learn to read.

…as if that is what you would select. I don't care if this is what you meant or not, this is what it looks like. Then it starts off a discussion about stuff that can cause a newb to start shitting his pants about Rockwell ratings in his swap.
    For a bunch of elite engineers you guys claim to be, I question how you guys passed your classes without being able to read what's right infront of you. Do you guys have books in your schools? Especially since I never once mentioned 12.9 to be a measure Rockwell ratings… because… It's not. It's a bolt class specification. Not a Rockwell hardness rating.

you guys have a gift of being able to produce cool parts, and push them out to z31 people as if it's the most amazingly engineered thing, and then spit on people who have alternative ideas that would work just fine- even if it's something you did yourself without failure.

I'd compare that to cooking a hot pocket in a microwave, and then eating the microwave because it smells like pizza.

you can keep trying to make it seem like i need to have actually done this swap to know that this idea would work (like it even makes s a difference) when you guys have done similar things yourselves. please, be my guest. continue to talk amongst yourselves as to how much of a bench racer I am. But just keep in mind i've worked on cars that are NOT my own which see a lot of abuse.

Looks like we have 2 groups on z31p. those who like seeing you guys target my posts, and those who think you guys are a bag of bleedy dicks for doing just that.

Wow this whole thing has spun out of control, I am the one that mentioned a Rockwell rating, would scare a newb silly. If your going to weld a bolt in place to hold the subframe and take the alot of a abuse you would want some type of rated fastener. As I mentioned before, yes I proformed this swap way before mikes kit was available. Mikes kit makes this whole swap alot simpler, and also it helps him out.

Now as for all the Ethugging, it's not worth it fellas

Careless you can do you swap anyway you want, because it's you that will be driving the car, I am not saying your wrong for using carriage bolts dude, do it how ever you want, as long as it works for you

Carless: as butter said, this swap is alot easier than you think, once you do it, you'll see

ShamWow: lighten up a little dude, regardless of what you know and how skilled you are, slamming people is for the birds and some will judge you for that. Your a knowledgeable person that has done alot more to your car than 90% of the people here
    87T, My build thread http://z31performance.com/forum/z31-…lee-s-87t-rb26