S13/S14/S15 Subframe Conversion Kit GB-STANCE MULTILINK!!

• Re: S13/S14/S15 Subframe Conversion Kit GB-STANCE MULTILINK!

ShamWow wrote: I will probably produce more this summer.
    I'm in , just pm when they are ready!

• Issue I've run into while using the Z32 rear uprights/knuckl

Well I began my s13 rear subframe swap on the z31, I have a set of the stance coilovers, as I was doing the swap, I noticed that the z32 alum uprights use a "fork type" mounting for the coilovers vs the "stud type".

[attachment=0:26l1gbq7]z32 rear knuckle vs stance z31 coilovers.JPG[/attachment:26l1gbq7]

I just left a message for dave, wondering if stance makes a set of z32 rear coil mounting bottoms.

Did a little research and noticed that megan racing does make a set, http://www.phase2motortrend.com/meras13recom.html. Just not sure if they fit the stance coilovers.

So Just a heads up to anyone using the z32 rear uprights, btw what rear knuckles are you guys using? s13 are 4 lugs, s14 se's are 5 lug........

**Found the solution, use S13 knuckles with Z32 hubs/bearings or use z32 bottoms of some type and modify upper shock mount. This thread helped with the solution viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31686&p=365796 **
    87T, My build thread http://z31performance.com/forum/z31-…lee-s-87t-rb26

• s13 rear subframe done

Finally done with my install of the rear subframe, just have to finish boxing in the right side frame, so including myself that's about 11 or so know people who have done the conversion, with or without the kit. As I stated in this thread before, I did this conversion on my old Z(that I got rid of). This time I managed to get one of Mike's kit for the conversion.

When boxing in the rear notches that you cut out for clearance, I used "automotive seam sealer" to seal up the welds, to help make sure they are sealed and to keep water out of the car.

[attachment=2:ah412nsy]s13 rear subframe complete 3.JPG[/attachment:ah412nsy]

[attachment=1:ah412nsy]s13 rear subframe prep to paint.JPG[/attachment:ah412nsy]

[attachment=0:ah412nsy]s13 rear subframe complete 2.JPG[/attachment:ah412nsy]

I am dying for one of these kits as will make the conversion much easier for me to handle.
    ShamWow if your around you have PMs form me..

[quote]Javier wrote:
    Originally posted by ShamWow
    I will probably produce more this summer.

I'm in , just pm when they are ready!
    Love z31's as much as I do? Check out my build: http://www.zdriver.com.au/index.php/…__80#entry2219

Throw up an ad in the wtb section, roughly 30+ kits out there

Did anyone find that when bolting in the base bar to the diff mount that the bar was crooked? Mine is several mm's off.

1985 Nissan 300ZX 2+2- My first Z, back in the family
    1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo RIP 4/87 - 4/28/2011
    Under Construction: 1986 Nissan 300ZX NA2T Slicktop
    Originally posted by Tempestas
    Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well… God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news… so that's a plus.

If I'm understanding you correctly, I experienced the same issue, though it was only 3-4mm. I simply grabbed the stud, pulled the bar flush, and tack welded it to the frame. There was enough play for it to line up.

"…i think bov needs oil, its not closing fast enough so the car dies when you come off of boost…" -Automotive Genius

Mines was off a little also, I just widen the holes in the bar plate

This crookedness was cleverly engineered by Mike to determine who was actually installing his kits. :wink:
    sigpic

Butter wrote: This crookedness was cleverly engineered by Mike to determine who was actually installing his kits. :wink:
    Butter you should be happy, seems like more people are actually installing the kits Rather than let them sit on the shelf, your dream of multilink z31's may come true

I'm mid-install right now, the center bolt holes are off, they seem to be straight, but they are too narrow, I just used a pyramid step drill bit to enlarge the holes just enough to still maintain the positioning but fit.

One thing I'm wondering is if other people are dropping the gas tank out? I'm probably going to drop it out so I can fully weld up the "u" brackets around the studs.

Oh also, it seems as though fully tightening the center alignment studs will bow the alignment bar and cause the studs to point towards the inside, anyone have any issues with that?

KansaiDrifter wrote: I'm mid-install right now, the center bolt holes are off, they seem to be straight, but they are too narrow, I just used a pyramid step drill bit to enlarge the holes just enough to still maintain the positioning but fit.

One thing I'm wondering is if other people are dropping the gas tank out? I'm probably going to drop it out so I can fully weld up the "u" brackets around the studs.

Oh also, it seems as though fully tightening the center alignment studs will bow the alignment bar and cause the studs to point towards the inside, anyone have any issues with that?
    all the pics of people installing the bar show it laying on the bolts, not fully tightened. you have to shim up the ends and cut the center of the bar anyways.

I see all this stuff of people writing about this kit.
    What has made the kit easier to do the swap than just swapping the subframe in with out the kit?
    88na2T-s13,q45 swap 12.6@110mph
    87T 2+2 auto,stock

DMANN wrote: I see all this stuff of people writing about this kit.
    What has made the kit easier to do the swap than just swapping the subframe in with out the kit?
    mainly alignment for the rear studs and the front bushing tubes- i guess?

When I did mine without the kit, it took me a full weekend, starting at 9am and working till 2am.

I think with this kit, it would take me about 5 hours to get the sub installed in the car, and a weekend to get it able to drive.

Most of this work is positioning. The asymmetrical nature of the chassis and parts of the subframe don't make this easy at all. When I built the front extensions, it took 5 tries to get it right, cutting and re-welding. The whole time, I had the subframe with arms balancing on a jack, while I worked on my back. It's like doing a custom engine swap and building the necessary mounts, except you are upside down, and there is less room for error.
    sigpic