S13/S14/S15 Subframe Conversion Kit GB-STANCE MULTILINK!!

• Re: S13/S14/S15 Subframe Conversion Kit GB-STANCE MULTILINK!

please show me where I said this swap was hard, Spooledup? I don't consider this swap hard at all. It just costs a lot more money in parts than people think it does- which is the only reason I haven't put my subframe in.

I was merely giving options for those that don't have access to weld-in studs, and mr.cleaning cloth decided to blow it out of proportion. Some people pay more attention to detail (turning/milling to get it to look nicer and fit 10000%). As I said, I would use bolts if I didn't have the kit already.

just as a recap.

- studs not available.
    - options provided to replace studs.
    - options provided to make studs almost identical in shape to mike's studs, with MANY grades of bolt available
    - options to mimic previously available studs deemed as over-engineering

so does that mean the original studs are over-engineered to begin with? that sure is what it sounds like now that I think about it. maybe instead of turning the studs like a pro- the kit should have came with simple bolts. then they wouldn't have been 250 bucks. you know, since making studs is overcomplicated and all.

:fleur

You never said "it was hard" I should of said its not as hard as people may think.

Let it go careless, no need to keep with back and forth stuff up
    87T, My build thread http://z31performance.com/forum/z31-…lee-s-87t-rb26

hmmmm… nah.
    the more people claim that I said things which I didn't the more I'll say to illustrate that it's not the case.

:-)

nothing personal towards you.

Yes, making your own stud is an option. Fucking go for it. I wouldn't use a hardened fastener.

Is that what you were trying to say? Otherwise I am not following.

You guys want my pricing sheet? I paid $8 for the studs. Yes I couldve bought a bolt and turned it down. Dang if I had done that I could've shaved…(calculating)…$4 off the price of the kit.

On a completely unrelated and personal note, Careless, show me a 12.9 bolt thats not hardened. Of course I know what the rating is.
    "produce first.talk second."

one more time, for the reading impaired:

Spooledup300z wrote: Not sure if he wants to use a carriage bolt, typically they don't have a high rockwell rating, If he could find a rated carriage bolt now were talking.
    Careless wrote:
    The place I go to has large shoulder carriage bolts that are 12.9 black oxide / nitride bolts. The reason I mention carriage is because of the head style.
    it has a round bulb head…
    rated vs. not rated. i know a nitrided bolt is hardened. it's a heat treating process.
    hint: I had my crank nitrided. I'm aware of what the process involves.

are we all clear now?

+1 for a kit… have an s14 subframe lined up :x

slingo wrote: +1 for a kit… have an s14 subframe lined up :x
    Thanks for comming out. Who knows if/when these will be made again.

I'm sure there would be a long list. But in the meantime its DIY… or possibly the for sale/ WTB adds.

well if that's the case, my kit is available for 400 dollars.

Careless wrote: well if that's the case, my kit is available for 400 dollars.
    Bastard

I will probably produce more this summer.
    "produce first.talk second."

Sell them for $100 and flood the market, so the hoarders lose out on their investment.
    sigpic

ShamWow wrote: I will probably produce more this summer.
    I will probably give you money this summer… maybe a reach around of you're nice about it.

Butter wrote: Sell them for $100 and flood the market, so the hoarders lose out on their investment.
    This!!!!!

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
    Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack…end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

Butter wrote: Sell them for $100 and flood the market, so the hoarders lose out on their investment.
    hey if the demand is there and it's so uncomplicated to make it work without the kit, I'll trace/draw what I need to and reap the rewards of people who would like to have the kit now :-)

I could put that money towards the adjustable links and the driveshaft/diff that are required to make this work better than just stock S-chassis parts, since I don't have those parts yet.

ShamWow wrote: I will probably produce more this summer.
    I will most likely be in as well.