S13/S14/S15 Subframe Conversion Kit GB-STANCE MULTILINK!!

• Re: S13/S14/S15 Subframe Conversion Kit GB-STANCE MULTILINK!

ok so I am waiting arrival of my stance coilovers with s14 lowers & s13 coils along with new brakes and rotors before I can get my mechanic started on this upgrade.
    Noticed the additional wedge that sits between the subframe and body which looks like a good idea.

So I have two questions;
    1. how have you found the wedge to work? more solid ride?

2. I am going to go with s15 subframe(wider) & s14 front & rear LCA's, arms etc.. so what kind of offset wheels should I be looking for?
    I am currently running 350z touring wheels and they sit nicely in the cali guards, but my stance will be wider now and want new wheels to sit in guards but obviously clear coilovers.

Cheers,
    Paul
    Love z31's as much as I do? Check out my build: http://www.zdriver.com.au/index.php/…__80#entry2219

Pauls wrote: I am currently running 350z touring wheels and they sit nicely in the cali guards, but my stance will be wider now and want new wheels to sit in guards but obviously clear coilovers.
    when you get the parts, put them together and measure

^"The wedge" vs. "the stack" (see installation on pg 14-15) will be identical in function.

once tacked, the rear cross bar is cut into pcs to form "the stack"
    "produce first.talk second."

will there be any more of these produced?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34231
    sigpic

Hey guys just got done with my s13 subframe swap and as I was unloading the subframe to get poweder coated I notice that the subframe had a little tear/crack where one of the rear bushing sits. It seems like the subframe opened up a tad bit when pressing the solid bushing in. The subframe is already poweder coated should I clean it off and weld it or should I be fine? The tear its about 1/4 of an inch.

cesar wrote: Hey guys just got done with my s13 subframe swap and as I was unloading the subframe to get poweder coated I notice that the subframe had a little tear/crack where one of the rear bushing sits. It seems like the subframe opened up a tad bit when pressing the solid bushing in. The subframe is already poweder coated should I clean it off and weld it or should I be fine? The tear its about 1/4 of an inch.
    any crack or tear is obviously a weak point, weld it and grind it smooth
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

Yeah I cant see it with the powder coating on. I will grind it down clean it up and probably weld a little plate around becuase if I weld that little tear most of the heat will go towards the bushing and I dont know if it will take the that well heat even though i will be done in like 3 seconds lol.

cesar wrote: Yeah I cant see it with the powder coating on. I will grind it down clean it up and probably weld a little plate around becuase if I weld that little tear most of the heat will go towards the bushing and I dont know if it will take the that well heat even though i will be done in like 3 seconds lol.
    the bushing can take the heat fine if it's a solid aluminum bushing. you don't have to do it in one go. zap zap zap.
    and just paint it with high gloss epoxy paint of some sort. it will match the powder coating pretty well.

installing an s15 subframe with the stance bushes so there is no bushing spacer at the top, bringing the subframe much closer to body meaning more notching :-(.

My concern is creating a square notch so the rear upper control arm join can clear, Iooks obvious that aftermarket work has occurred.
    I would like to smooth this out by cutting on the visible seam along the middle of the rail. This will leave one step up point in the rail but then will flow smoothly into the front part of the rail.

Although the face of the rail will be trimmed down and re-attached sealing the rail, my biggest concern is halving the height of the rail over this area and subsequent strength of the rail being reduced.

Attached pic with notching that I need to make deeper along with proposed new cut. Black vertical bar on the rear of image is the shock absorber.

Any thoughts on this guys?

Thanks.
    Love z31's as much as I do? Check out my build: http://www.zdriver.com.au/index.php/…__80#entry2219

I may be misunderstanding you, but I believe i did exactly what you're planning. I just boxed it in really well afterwards. When I'm at my computer, I'll see about pictures.

"…i think bov needs oil, its not closing fast enough so the car dies when you come off of boost…" -Automotive Genius

I'm welding everything up this weekend. I take it this thread is dead, as no action for some time now…

It slowed because the mounting kits made a bunch of people feel motivated… when the kits dried up so did the half-interested people

There will be a resurgence with new kits

the lack of people actually installing them may have contributed to the threads dormancy..
    "produce first.talk second."

The next batch needs to be shipped in saltwater soaked cardboard.
    sigpic