Upgrade to PRW-2 Ign. Control Module (Power Transistor Unit)

• Go to your nearest junk yard and have a field day.
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

• tatsu;314795 wrote: mine is a PRW-2A from a quest
    For anyones info, the only quests that have it (and mercury villagers) is pre 99 models, those had the vg30. The vg33 went with a internal setup.
    My Build Thread

• I just got one out of a Quest as well. The factory bracket that comes with it makes the install stupid easy, and look factory. I installed it in exactly the same place as the original one! The PRW-2a works great.
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you…"

-'68 Datsun 1600 Roadster
    Build Thread: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/21…-build-thread/
    -'85 300zx Turbo
    Build Thread:
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…)build-thread!

• Tomakze;322549 wrote: I just got one out of a Quest as well. The factory bracket that comes with it makes the install stupid easy, and look factory. I installed it in exactly the same place as the original one! The PRW-2a works great.
    Post pics! I added the PRW to the factory coil bracket, looks stock.

1985 Nissan 300ZX 2+2- My first Z, back in the family
    1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo RIP 4/87 - 4/28/2011
    Under Construction: 1986 Nissan 300ZX NA2T Slicktop
    Originally posted by Tempestas
    Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well… God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news… so that's a plus.

• TearingRaven;323189 wrote: Post pics!
    Never mind the filthy engine bay… the car is a work in progress!

This was zero effort. It bolts right up (You do have to bend a little tab out of the way, but psh, that is too easy to count). Yours looks really nice though…
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you…"

-'68 Datsun 1600 Roadster
    Build Thread: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/21…-build-thread/
    -'85 300zx Turbo
    Build Thread:
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…)build-thread!

• got mine today hopefully going to put it in tomorrow. btw pathfinders are the easiest ones to get. its on the pass side of the intake manifold near the back. maxima's were not too easy i gave up and found a pathy.

• Altimas are the easiest to get, they're right on the MAF. lol
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

• michaelp;324499 wrote: Altimas are the easiest to get, they're right on the MAF. lol
    i didnt check altima's they were all to close to walk around them.

• Maximas are easy, right by the coil. 12mm deep socket to take out one bolt. Snip the harness and it's out. Even comes with a bracket.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

• yall jiggas. copyin' da michaelp steeze wit'cha sparky bits.

• Careless;324554 wrote: we need more cool threads that make use of other nissan thangs so easily.
    Agreed .. but then .. ??
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

• inqui-Z-tor;324562 wrote: Agreed .. but then .. ??
    i have no idea what the heck you're trying to say… if you're even trying. lol

• Well apparently we are able to utilize the newer CAS as well?

Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well… God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news… so that's a plus.

• TearingRaven;324577 wrote: Well apparently we are able to utilize the newer CAS as well?
    Yes, but thats been known for ages. Its also direct plug and play. It can be found on some subarus too.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

• Any proven benefits?