Pics of assembled s13 adapters - review before panicking!

Mike, you got to let people fail though bro. Part of his learning process is the process. How we communicate affects how our opinion is received (basic human psychology). If those opposed do not approach the issue tact, but from his point attack the issue, there is nothing to be gained. [/epicphilosophycommas] So, if the point was to answer his query for thoughts than so be; if it was for the aforementioned plus progression to positive result - our approach needs to change. You would agree?

I am with you on the basic geometry issue (i think). Everything is cool until you change from a static 'straight forward' rest position, every subsequent movement you adjust the suspension dynamically. I think there is a slightly better way(s) than the option previously posted (the one you mentioned. That said, as someone who will never take the time to design it, on you guys.

I am not trying to be all touchy feely here. Rather I am attempting to speak from a 'community' prospective. Why not push for the best result (allowing for failure/learning)?

Again, my goal would be a major redesign with down to earth implementation.

meh my 0.02
    I also am done.
    GL GE

michaelp;338652 wrote: He lacks so much confidence in his work, his own car has STANCE Z31 coilovers.
    ok brother, you went from being a douche bag to being a bigot based on the FACT that he bought STANCE coilovers before even producing this adapter. You and az paul need to stop this fucking shit right now because its THE biggest reason why this forum is becoming shittier with each day.

Careless;338671 wrote: ok brother, you went from being a douche bag to being a bigot based on the FACT that he bought STANCE coilovers before even producing this adapter. You and az paul need to stop this fucking shit right now because its THE biggest reason why this forum is becoming shittier with each day.
    +1

I'm in support for this. say you end up in a front end collision where someone HITS YOU! your 1500 coilover is now trash your sleeve is trash and your spindle is bent, i doubt you could order a coilover and sleeve individually vs cutting the old sleeve (I.E GE'S design) out rewelding it on a new spindle and then grabbing some garbage coilovers to get you by for the time being. or perhaps you slam into a curb or hit some object to bend the spindle.

maybe even throwing on stock S13 suspension just to get you by.

what if you want to swap to SPL coilovers but you cant because your running a sleeve that the thread pitch doesn't line up? vs grabbing a set of SPL S13 coilovers.

the S13 sleeve idea WONT just work for the Z31 it will be a solution for the S30/S130 and S12 chassis. perhaps the design can be improved but you cant beat the man for trying to think out side of the box while most of you THINK IN IT! thats why community do not make improvements such as this one addition to that Z31 owners are cheap.

"hey guys lets make a group buy for exhaust manifolds for the Z31" 11 people so okay and only 1 or 2 pay up when the time comes.

but if you say "Z31 stickers promise to make you shift faster and get faster lap times" everyone jumps on it…
    1986 300ZX GLL auto non turbo

^ like you said do you think stance or PT will sell you an individual coilover? i dont think so.

Hairyballs;338679 wrote: ^ like you said do you think stance or PT will sell you an individual coilover? i dont think so.
    Of course they would, what reason would they have not to? A decent business is going to support it's customers. If they didn't I think the support for them would dry up very very quickly.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

jaqattack02;338686 wrote: Of course they would, what reason would they have not to? A decent business is going to support it's customers. If they didn't I think the support for them would dry up very very quickly.
    not saying they would or wouldn't, but verify that kind of information before you put blind faith into any company or reassure someone that they do something that you don't know for SURE if they do or not.

i mean, koeniggsegg makes "awesome" cars, but they have shit service as far as providing for their customers who dish out close to a million dollars for a car.

don't assume.

and replacing one coilover was probably never even a discussion point when making these adapters, so it's probably not important.

I'm not promising anyone anything. All I said is what reason would they have not to? That assumes of course that they still have stock of the unit needing replacing.

My 1986 Turbo Build

jaqattack02;338692 wrote: I'm not promising anyone anything. All I said is what reason would they have not to? That assumes of course that they still have stock of the unit needing replacing.
    Because not many people buy z31 coilovers to begin with, so having extra sets they can break into ones and twos makes no sense at all except for when their product fails under cover of their quality guarantee/warranty- and I have no idea how often those situations occur.

But I'm not going to assume. If I really wanted to know I would call them and ask. They might sell a single or even outright replace it if they feel good on that day, but assuming they have no reason not to is naive.

Apple has no reason not to replace a cheap LCD screen panel on a broken macbook since it costs around 30-50 dollars on a 2000+ dollar item, because that would allow the customer to continue using the computer and buying apps from the app store and songs from iTunes, which they make money on… but Apple customer service can be abysmal sometimes.

Anyways. it has nothing to do with the adapter G-E is making. This adapter isn't only for cheap-ass coilovers. There are coilovers that are way more expensive than Stance items that one might aquire for a good price and be able to put to use.

Careless;338694 wrote: But I'm not going to assume. If I really wanted to know I would call them and ask. They might sell a single or even outright replace it if they feel good on that day, but assuming they have no reason not to is naive.
    Already emailed them to ask.

My 1986 Turbo Build

I find it funny that people dare even bring up the fact that I made stance sleeve z31 spindles, I bought the stance kit didn't I? With my resources I could have done something with double a-arms with moton coilovers, but I "supported my community"… Oh and I didn't get powertrix coilovers not just because they weren't first to have shipping product, but also because I didn't see them as superior, green vs bronze is not a kicker for me

But I do find it highly amusing that powertrix coilovers were supported so well, when countless other occasions I heard people complain about saturating markets, driving vendors/suppliers away with TOO MUCH competition.... some of the same people who argued against competition, supported powertrix, when according to their own mindset, they should've have supported stance

But powertrix can't feel too bad, I paid the full amount for the wing upfront to help the group buy happen, so I did support them too, and even with the actual defective batches shipped out, they got FAR LESS criticism than my coilover adapters which haven't even been shown defective… hypocrites or space shuttle engineers?

If you guys want choice, ANY choice in aftermarket, start being more constructive and less elitist…

Without jason mashing an s13 coilover into a z31 spindle, we wouldn't even have a coilover market, you'd all be arguing about the next repro st springs and groupbuy of shocks.... without tempestas and butter doing subframe swaps years ago, pioneering the way, you'd all be futzing around with those weld on tabs to your subframes for camber adjustment…

I know mikep thinks the z31 is perfect, but holy crap, there's plenty of road racing and drifting s-chassis cars with "screwed up geometry", poor fools, winning races, how can they live with themselves?

G-E;338728 wrote: I find it funny that people dare even bring up the fact that I made stance sleeve z31 spindles, I bought the stance kit didn't I? With my resources I could have done something with double a-arms with moton coilovers, but I "supported my community"… Oh and I didn't get powertrix coilovers not just because they weren't first to have shipping product, but also because I didn't see them as superior, green vs bronze is not a kicker for me

But I do find it highly amusing that powertrix coilovers were supported so well, when countless other occasions I heard people complain about saturating markets, driving vendors/suppliers away with TOO MUCH competition.... some of the same people who argued against competition, supported powertrix, when according to their own mindset, they should've have supported stance

But powertrix can't feel too bad, I paid the full amount for the wing upfront to help the group buy happen, so I did support them too, and even with the actual defective batches shipped out, they got FAR LESS criticism than my coilover adapters which haven't even been shown defective… hypocrites or space shuttle engineers?

If you guys want choice, ANY choice in aftermarket, start being more constructive and less elitist…

Without jason mashing an s13 coilover into a z31 spindle, we wouldn't even have a coilover market, you'd all be arguing about the next repro st springs and groupbuy of shocks.... without tempestas and butter doing subframe swaps years ago, pioneering the way, you'd all be futzing around with those weld on tabs to your subframes for camber adjustment…

I know mikep thinks the z31 is perfect, but holy crap, there's plenty of road racing and drifting s-chassis cars with "screwed up geometry", poor fools, winning races, how can they live with themselves?
    I take everything mike p says like a grain of salt from a honda owner. deff better platforms out there for the money like a miata would shit on the Z in the corners. and a turbo 350hp miata is pretty cheap compared to what's spent on our cars.

G-E;338728 wrote:
    I think you missed the part where THE ENTIRE S13 SUSPENSION AND CHASSIS was designed for off-set mounted struts, which is why it works on them. The Z31 suspension is not. You yourself said it needs a ton of other stuff to work. I'm soooo sorry the way I suggested you do this would then work without needing roll center adjusters and a ton of other crap.

-.-
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Hairyballs;338731 wrote: I take everything mike p says like a grain of salt from a honda owner. deff better platforms out there for the money like a miata would shit on the Z in the corners. and a turbo 350hp miata is pretty cheap compared to what's spent on our cars.
    There are multiple Z31s that are running with and beating miatas in tight autocross. lololol

For the money? I can't think of any better platforms. Z31s are cheap and definitely have a great bang for the buck.

I've owned multiple supposed (by fanboys who have never owned them and just drool over want) "better platforms". They really arent much better. People assume better on hearsay because they think the Z31 is some horrible chassis simply because its from the 80s and not a E30, FC or Supra…all cars that, in the 80s, were proved to be inferior…but now everyone thinks are better cars. They're also cars that do great in autocross and such. -.-
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

so mike p tell me how many 700hp VG30ET's are there roaming the streets of newyork? i can name a hand full of 2jz's rb's, Vh's and VQ's.

shit how many 700hp VG30Et's have there been in the life of the vg existing? 1 maybe 2 with WWR. laughable at best.

350hp miata vs 350hp z31 mod for mod you get more out of the miata, the z31 will win in the straights but thats about it.

Hairyballs;338737 wrote: so mike p tell me how many 700hp VG30ET's are there roaming the streets of newyork? i can name a hand full of 2jz's rb's, Vh's and VQ's.

shit how many 700hp VG30Et's have there been in the life of the vg existing? 1 maybe 2 with WWR. laughable at best.

350hp miata vs 350hp z31 mod for mod you get more out of the miata, the z31 will win in the straights but thats about it.
    A 350whp miata requires an engine swap or $4,000+ worth of machine work and aftermarket internals. 350whp Z31 is nistune, a set of DSM injectors and an upgraded stock turbo. Also, I'm so sorry you think Z31s can't handle well because you have a stock automatic non-turbo. lol

I'm not going to argue with new people who are just reading things on the internet about how great miatas are and assuming they're king at handling.

P.S. The VG set land speed records and broke into 7s in the 1/4 before the JZ, VH or VQ even existed. And the RB is essentially an Inline version of the VG, so try again?